In this existence of life we objectify our ambitions towards wealth, power and popularity. But in this process what we eventually forget is that the penultimate soul of humanity is being detained.
Like all Mysoreans; I too idolize Narayan Murthy, the founder of the multinational giant “INFOSYS” from scratch. Being an immensely motivational speaker Mr.Murthy has always stressed upon imbibing these morals and I thought I should share it to y’all-
- First, I want to emphasize the importance of being trustworthy in all your dealing.
- Second, fear is natural but you should not let your actions be governed by it. Just as fear may sometimes be the hidden voice of your intuition pointing out what your rational mind may not yet have seen, it is also sometimes an invitation to explore a new part of yourself and the world.
- Third, a supportive family is bedrock upon which satisfying lives and careers are built. Create a support system for yourselves with people who will rejoice in your success and be there for you during your moments of dilemma, self-doubt and moral conflicts. With this rock- like support behind you, you can endure almost anything in your career.
- Fourth, excellence in works leads to excellence in life and vice-versa. Unless you are a happy person at home, you cannot be a happy person in the office. Success in life is when others’ light up when you walk in the room, and your eyes light up when you are with other people. Enjoy life. Share jokes with your colleagues and family. Take your work seriously but not yourself!
- Fifth, learn how to manage yourself, especially your feelings, in a way that respects the dignity of others and yourself.
- Finally, live your life and lead your career in a way that makes a difference to your society, When one day you make a mark on the world, remember that, in the ultimate analysis, we are all mere temporary custodians of the wealth we generate, whether it be financial, intellectual or emotional. The best use of all your wealth is to share it with those less fortunate.
I hope that the above words stroked a chord in your heart and inspired you! 🙂